Software Engineer/Manager - QA focusPosted at: Jul 18
See all Nalpeiron jobs
This is an opportunity to join a mature but fast growing ISV in a hot market, working with a range of professional business customers, to enable them to get the most from our products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic all-rounder, happy to support customers or do development work.
THIS POSITION IS FOR US OR UK BASED TECHNICAL STAFF ONLY - DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT BASED IN EITHER OF THOSE COUNTRIES
Working for us is fun!
This is a "work from home" opportunity as we use the latest in virtual tools to support our clients and you don't have any commute! Working from your own home office but working with a local team and meeting regularly with colleagues. You will be provided with all the latest Software, Hardware and Tools as well as get deep experience working in the fast moving spaces of SaaS and Software Analytics.
Nalpeiron is a leader in Enterprise Software Licensing and Entitlement Management, with leading customers that include Erwin, Dialogic, HyTrust, Alibre and many others. Nalpeiron is looking to grow its Quality Assurance capability and requires a dynamic, skilled and passionate Software Tester to join the team. The position is remotely-based either in the UK or the US.
The Software QA position is responsible for all quality aspects of software development including risk analysis, test development and test execution (both formal and informal).
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Develop, document, and communicate automated testing processes, plans, and guides for ensuring quality software systems
- Identify missing test scenarios and refine existing automation.
- Design, create and execute test cases
- Design and execute regression and integration test, stress and load testing, user acceptance testing
- Identifying, logging and verifying software defects
- Document, track and validate reported issues through to resolution
- Work with Software Developers, Software Development Manager, Product Owner and developers to develop testing plans as part of the overall project and sprint planning
- Develop software test specification, test reports and validation protocols for unit, integration and performance testing
- Create test cases from system use cases and product specification
- Providing customer support via ticketing system and chat, escalating as needed
- Reproduction of customer support technical issues and reporting to the engineering team
- Create documentation of frequent arising issues as needed
- Team Work
- Work with both Product Owners and Software Developers to thoroughly validate and verify software systems against documented requirements
- Prior remote experience is a plus
- Work as part of a sprint team to ensure project success
- A passion for all technology, not just software: an individual that loves to take things apart and understand how they work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Dedicated, hardworking, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and within the team
Special Knowledge, Skills:
- Strong understanding of testing process
- Experience with testing in an Agile iterative software development process and environment
- Experience with documentation of test plans for acceptance, regression, functional, and stress testing
- Understanding of configuration management and version control
- Strong scripting and automation skills using one or more of: C/C++, Python, Unix shell (awk, sed, etc.)
- Understanding of SAAS, client based applications and web services
- Experience with defect tracking process
- Experience with GNU make and command line build processes
- Ability to function in and test on Linux, OS X, Unix, Android and Windows operating systems with development experience advantageous
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities along with strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience using Wireshark/tcpdump to evaluate and/or troubleshoot networking issues is advantageous
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple task assignments
Qualifications and Experience:
- IT Qualification, relevant tertiary degree or Diploma
- Certification in Software Testing would be helpful
- At least 2 years' experience in software testing
This is a full-time position, working from your own home office but working with a local team and meeting regularly, with great career prospects as we grow.
- Hours: Flexible full-time working hours (from home, no commute)
- Compensation: Based on experience plus stock options
- Learning Benefits: We provide an annual stipend to pursue your choice of professional training opportunities, including workshops, class, books, etc
- Benefits Package: Paid Holidays, Annual and Health Leave, 5-day Work Week
Please follow the application instructions closely. Your attention to detail will show us that you are serious about this job and that you will serve our customers well.
Please write 2-3 written paragraphs answering these 3 questions:
- Why you are qualified for this job?
- What attracts you to working with Nalpeiron?
- What unique contribution will you make to our team?
All applicants will be dealt with in terms of the company's employment equity and skills development plans, affirmative action candidates may be preferred. Although all applications will be considered, not all applicants will be interviewed. Only written applications received before the closing date will be considered.
See more jobs at Nalpeiron