Head of EngineeringPosted at: Jul 24
Snowplow Analytics Ltd
See all Snowplow Analytics Ltd jobs
Head of Engineering
Ideally located in London, Berlin or Amsterdam (open to other locations)
At Snowplow, we are on a mission to empower people to differentiate with data. We provide both the technology and services to enable our customers to not only take control of their data, but allow them to do amazing things with that control.
As part of that effort, we're changing the way that people do digital analytics by moving companies away from a one-size-fits-all mindset and enabling them to collect and own their data themselves.
Following rapid company growth over the last 12 months, we’re now looking for a Head of Engineering to join us and lead, guide & support our fully-remote engineering team through the next phases of growth. Though the team is still relatively small, they’re already dealing with hugely complex challenges spanning across product, data engineering, cloud architecture, automation and much more.
The role will comprise of 3 key parts:
- People Management
We have a talented & diverse team of engineers - it will be your job to coach & mentor them, to ensure their personal development is being looked after and to continue to hire people that are not only strong technically, but also closely align with our company culture (wherever they may be located).
Snowplow’s growth plans are ambitious and a large part of the role will be focused around scaling the technology and coming up with creative ways to overcome obstacles. Our Head of Engineering should be at the forefront of technical innovation, able to prioritise with ease and confident making difficult decisions. We’re looking for someone forward-thinking, who is able to deliver great results now, while also looking ahead at the next hurdle.
- Technical Excellence
We want to build the possible product and in order to do so, we require technical expertise. We expect our Head of Engineering to do things right and to instil this in the entire team. Best practices, consistent performance and outstanding delivery.
The role is unique, the challenges are complex and the team is diverse. We’re looking for someone who takes all of this and is excited about solving those challenges, and continuing to build a high-performing engineering team at Snowplow.
Things you’ll be doing:
- Own and operate the Agile processes that we are running
- Conduct regular 1:1s, champion personal development and hire awesome talent
- Focus on automation and scaling our current technology
- Hold the team to high standards and deliver outstanding results
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to shape how our product is being developed, delivered & refined
- Improve efficiency & stability
- Lead with authority, positivity and by example
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience of working in an engineering management or leadership position looking after multiple squads
- You have worked with remote teams and are comfortable heading up a geographically distributed team
- You have a background in one or more of the following:
- Building SaaS & Web Apps
- Data Engineering
- Microservices or Cloud Architecture
- You exude technical leadership & authoritativeness while also fostering an environment of openness & respect
- The idea of growing an engineering team in a fast-paced startup excites you
- You have experience scaling technology
- You inspire and motivate those around you
- You’re confident making difficult decisions and navigating change
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Freedom to work wherever suits you best
- Two fantastic company Away-Weeks in a different European city each year (the last one was in Milan in May 2018)
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- MacBook Pro
- Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee
- Improve your existing skills or mentor more junior developers in our Software Development Guild
- Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee