Angular developerPosted at: Jul 20
See all Toptal jobs
Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for an AngularJS Developer to be responsible for the client side of mobile, desktop, and web applications. Your primary focus will be to implement complete user interfaces, with a focus on performance. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app. Artistic designs will be delivered to you, along with a few HTML templates, but you will also be expected to provide input on animation, CSS, and HTML decisions. You will work in teams with back-end developers, and will be communicating with an API using standard methods. A strong ability to thoroughly understand all of the components of a platform and infrastructure is required.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Deliver complete front-end applications.
- Ensure high performance on mobile and desktop applications.
- Coordinate the workflow between the team’s graphic designer, developer working with HTML, and yourself.
- Coordinate with the team’s back-end developer on the process of building a RESTful API.
- Communicate with external web services.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Professional, precise communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of AngularJS best practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience.
- Ability to create self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Ability to ensure a clear dependency chain both for app logic as well as for the file system.
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single-page apps.
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
- Ability to validate user actions on the client side and provide responsive feedback.
- Experience writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading when needed.
- Ability to create custom, general use modules and components that extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS.
- Experience with building infrastructure for serving front-end apps and assets.
- Ability to architect and automate the build process for production using task runners or scripts.
- Ability to document code inline using JSDoc or other common conventions.
- Experience writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks.
- Ability to create end-to-end test suites for all components and running them with Protractor (or a well-reasoned alternative).
- Ability to create configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.