Remote Senior Full-Stack Rails DeveloperPosted at: Jul 17
Year old startup
See all Year old startup jobs
We’re a year-old startup that’s initially grown with a licensed tech solution that includes customer and admin mobile/web apps. We now need to incrementally build out our own stack and therefore need an experienced, hands on dev to kick start and grow our tech team.
You’ll be working directly with the CEO (me) and the growth team to plan and incrementally build out our tech stack. I’ve built out software and data-science teams, am a Rails dev/geek and (I hope) not a dick so we should get along well.
We’ll work on delivering value quickly without skipping on important stuff like good test coverage, thoughtfully refactored code and a CI suite. My plan is to quickly grow the tech team as we prove value to the board. You’ll have the opportunity to grow into a management position (although the CTO will probably need to be Sydney based) or just keep your head down cutting code.
- Experience professionally developing software in Rails
- In a senior role at a startup
- Working fullstack
- An understanding and appreciation of
- User-friendly software
- Delivering value (customer, business)
- Experience integrating with other tech: CRMs, ERPs etc
- A range of front-end technologies
- The foundations: various DBs, DevOps, TDD, Queuing, REST APIs etc etc
- The ability to think architecturally: build or SaaS, monolith or services, when to spike vs when to ensure quality
- Open-source experience and an understanding of growth marketing a plus.
Remote & flexible
We’re based in Sydney but the team’s scattered around Au and NZ so we constantly interact with each other remotely. The hours are flexible. It doesn’t matter if you work best first thing in the morning after some tai-chi or at 3am after 5 Red Bulls - as long as you put out quality work.
Shoot me a response with your experience and why you think you’re right for the job. It doesn’t need to be War and Peace - your experience should speak for itself.